Anyone install an alarm and get a SES light? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone install an alarm and get a SES light?

chesee48
01-02-2005, 01:49 AM
I had a friend who works at best buy...install on the side for me the viper 791xv 2 way pagar alarm/remote start/keyless entry...

so when i was driving back in the rain from dinner i noticed the light go on...

i just was wondering if this could be because of the alarm install, tho he knows what he is doing...

i have had the light on before not too long ago from the wire on the Air temp sensor come out of the plus/harness... but i fixed that...

any ideas?

thanks

Rogue9
01-02-2005, 02:29 AM
pull the code and u won't need our ideas. =)

chesee48
01-02-2005, 03:39 AM
hehe yea i was tomorrow in the morning...but for tonight i just wanted to see if anyone had anything

we'll see tomorrow!

chesee48
01-02-2005, 04:55 PM
ok i got it scanned and it came up "P0113 iat sensor circuit voltage high"

I had an issue about a few months ago (with the same code) with the wire on the harness connected to air temp sensor where the wire came loose and caused the SES light to come on. I put a new harness in and the SES went off...so could it be involved with this or with the alarm?

or maybe something with the TPS etc?
lmk thanks!

eaglesrealm
01-02-2005, 07:53 PM
I had that same thing, and it is actually a TSB now I believe, due to all of the issues with them. Mine was a shorted wire up near the connecter at the sensor. The dealer ended up fixing the wire for free for me. If you are not electrically inclined, it could be a little difficult to find which wire is bad and where the short is at. I can almost gaurantee that your sensor itself is fine, so I would not waste money yet to replace it. (Although it is cheap)

chesee48
01-02-2005, 07:57 PM
I had that same thing, and it is actually a TSB now I believe, due to all of the issues with them. Mine was a shorted wire up near the connecter at the sensor. The dealer ended up fixing the wire for free for me. If you are not electrically inclined, it could be a little difficult to find which wire is bad and where the short is at. I can almost gaurantee that your sensor itself is fine, so I would not waste money yet to replace it. (Although it is cheap)

thanks, but yea i know..i just changed that part...so im wondering what it could be now? the wire or something with the alarm?

eaglesrealm
01-03-2005, 01:15 AM
Its a shorted wire wire somewhere...probably up near the switch

chesee48
01-03-2005, 01:31 AM
Its a shorted wire wire somewhere...probably up near the switch

u think thats probably the case? hmm damn it

eaglesrealm
01-03-2005, 11:50 AM
I would guess so, based on what I have read/seen. You replaced the switch already, right? With no change in the SES? It is almost certainly one of those 2 wires feeding the switch.

chesee48
01-03-2005, 03:11 PM
which switch???

thanks for all your help!

eaglesrealm
01-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Sorry, I meant sensor. Follow the wires from the IAT sensor connector down looking for anything obvious. Other than that, without the right tools, it is a guessing game as to which chunk of wire to replace.

chesee48
01-04-2005, 12:18 AM
I would guess so, based on what I have read/seen. You replaced the switch already, right? With no change in the SES? It is almost certainly one of those 2 wires feeding the switch.

Actually when i changed the wires/connector to the sensor, the SES light went off...

It couldve happened that the guy installing my alarm hit the tape were i connected the old wires to the new connector but other then that...can the P0113 code be from the alarm install itself? thats what i want to know

eaglesrealm
01-04-2005, 12:22 AM
No.