is this a LIM problem? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : is this a LIM problem?

panmanhd
01-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Hello, I'm new to this site so i hope someone could help me out with a problem that i think that i have with my wife's 02GAGT. I have had my service engine soon light come on twice in the last 2 months. Both times were misfire codes for different cyclinders. I have 76,000 miles on my Gt, i have changed the plugs at 60,000 but still have the nos plug wires on. I have also noticed that my coolent tank is low. I looked around my engine and found what looks like coolent under the air intake behind the thermostat housing. is this the place where a lower intake manafold gasket would leak? I don't have any antifreeze in my oil but i don't know if there is oil in the antifreeze. the oil dipstick shows full. I'm into old bikes and don't really know much about these new cars. I have an extended warrenty on this car and would just like to know what i'm talking about when i have to deal with my dealers service manger if i have any problems. If that's what's wrong wouldn't it be a good idea to also get the water pump and thermostat, belt and hoses all changed. i was going to do this myself but if the dealer is already there why not . Any help about this problem would be great.

Ridenour
01-02-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm 99% sure you got yourself an external LIM leak. Same exact situation I got. THe misfiring and stuff though is independant of your LIM issue.