brakes annoyance [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : brakes annoyance

Joe31956
01-05-2005, 10:41 PM
I have this problem with my 2003 GAGT's brakes. I have also had this on other Pontiacs and GM cars I have owned. The problem: After car is sitting for a long time in the winter (I work nights) and I go to put brakes on for the first 5 mins or so after getting out of work, the brakes operate as if I am slamming them on, even though I am using them in a normal fashion. First time this happened with this particular car, it felt like I was gonna go thru the windshield and I was just tapping lightly on the brake pedal. Why does this happen? After car warms up, the brakes return to normal. This thing goes on all winter. Why does this happen? Something to do with ABS? It's very troublesome. Is there a fix for this particular problem? Thanks in advance for any advice or help anyone can give me.

Joe31956

NorKoastal
01-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Not these cars.... Bugs and Toyotas have the ultra sensitive brakes not the GA..

tenspeed
01-05-2005, 11:07 PM
I think it's from condensation. My rears will lock up at the first stop. I ride the brakes lightly coming to the Stop at the end of the street.

action
01-06-2005, 09:04 AM
Its condensation that causes a slight film of rust to build up on the rotors. Since the surface is much rougher than normal, it causes the brakes to grab alot harder. It goes away after the first major stop since stopping cleans off the old rust.