02 censer? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 02 censer?

seffedman
01-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Has anyone ever had to replace an 02 censer? My check engine light came on about a week ago, so I took it to a friend that has a computer that hooks up under the dash to give an explanation of the light. It said that the 02 censer is bad and needs to be replaced. My friend told me this was a quick easy fix, the problem is I need to get an emissions test on the car and they won't do it until that light is off, am I going to need to reset the computer or will it automatically reset when the censor is replaced. Sorry about the long post, just wanted to make sure it was clear.

bigd6983
01-08-2005, 12:15 PM
your friend with the computer will be able to clear it but until you get it replaced it will probably keep going off

Blackrider
01-09-2005, 01:17 AM
is it your Rear 02 "Sensor"?

seffedman
01-09-2005, 09:32 AM
That's one of the problems I've run into, there are two. There is a censer mounted ontop of the exhaust manifold and there's another mounted right on the exhaust pipe just after the catalytic converter. Each censor cost about $70.00, and I really don't want to replace both if only one is bad.

Blackrider
01-09-2005, 12:25 PM
That's one of the problems I've run into, there are two. There is a censer mounted ontop of the exhaust manifold and there's another mounted right on the exhaust pipe just after the catalytic converter. Each censor cost about $70.00, and I really don't want to replace both if only one is bad.
The code will tell you witch one it is, Find out Exactly what the code is.