Headlight Lens Issue... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Lens Issue...

gtramair99
01-07-2005, 09:53 PM
I was cleaning my car the other day and noticed something on my right headlight lens. I took a look at it and it looks like some kind of adhesive was spread on it and dried. I tried to rub some of it off and a small portion came off so I went for some advise. Someone, who had the previous problem, told me to take some very soft grid sand paper and rub it down. Well, I didn't want to make matters worse because sandpaper would naturally scratch it I would think. I've heard of this case before and have yet to find a solution. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or has a solution.

Also, I know this is a common issue but I have the biggest ass problem trying to adjust my headlight so it actually aims on the road not on houses and trees. I would appreciate advise on this issue. Thanks.

Black01gt1
01-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Try some bug & tar remover, thats how I got my GT badges off and the residue left behind from them.

You know how to aim/adjust the headlight correct or is that another question too? What I did to aim was park right in front of my neighbors fence and put a piece of masking tape straight across so they would be the same.

Guga2495
01-07-2005, 10:52 PM
dont use nail polish remover! haha

Rich
01-08-2005, 12:39 AM
when i got my car it had a GM sticker on the headlight. when it was taken off there was some stuff left behind and it dried. i used some goo gone and it took just a few minutes to get off. so id try the goo gone or bug and tar remover before you start going at it with sandpaper.