Cold weather package? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Cold weather package?

aimers0408
01-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Hi, I have a 01 grand am se made in canada and I have the cold weather package. Does this make my car worth more money if I were to sell it? And what exactly does it do? If any one has this package please reply. thanks

02andahalfgt
01-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Made for Canada maybe?
Either way, no, the cold weather package doesn't make the car worth more.

Calgary_GAGT
01-11-2005, 10:02 PM
Bugh... I'm thinking tonight, a 'Cold weather package' aint' going to save ****. Not with this weather.

We have a wonderful storm coming through tonight. We are to expect -29c with the wind chill of -42c (-43.6f)

Effin A! I'm looking forward to this.

Bugh........

H.O. Driver
01-11-2005, 10:08 PM
that means you can plug it in at night so it stays warm with its engine block heater ;) Hopefully they were able to switch the cluster over with something that has the right mileage ;) Does the gas gauge have "E" and "F" or does it have the empty and full symbol, the circle with white shading?

Calgary_GAGT
01-11-2005, 11:03 PM
that means you can plug it in at night so it stays warm with its engine block heater ;) Hopefully they were able to switch the cluster over with something that has the right mileage ;) Does the gas gauge have "E" and "F" or does it have the empty and full symbol, the circle with white shading?

Ha, I'm too cheap to pay for the huge power bill plugging in my car at night. I like to make it suffer with the cold starts in the morning. lol

H.O. Driver
01-12-2005, 08:02 AM
Ha, I'm too cheap to pay for the huge power bill plugging in my car at night. I like to make it suffer with the cold starts in the morning. lol
lol, its under warranty. If its a lease you must turn it in and keep the golden rule of all leased vehicles FTNG (F*(k The Next Guy)

Calgary_GAGT
01-12-2005, 08:41 AM
lol, its under warranty. If its a lease you must turn it in and keep the golden rule of all leased vehicles FTNG (F*(k The Next Guy)

Bah, no lease. Solely owned. Under warranty. More reason to **** it up good and take it in for warranty repairs.

About time the common customer hoses GM for a change. They've gotten pretty good at hosing their customers.. time for a little roll reversal, I say!

action
01-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Well the Winter Package is pretty much a block heater which is wouth about $25.

GALover
01-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Put that on a timer. Like $20 from Lowes/Depot. Plug in at 20 degrees and below. Have it start warning 2 hours before you are ready to leave.

But yeah it's just a core heater. $20 adder when new. If you sell to an individual you can try to sell it as an adder but a dealer will probably laugh at you.

Calgary_GAGT
01-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Put that on a timer. Like $20 from Lowes/Depot. Plug in at 20 degrees and below. Have it start warning 2 hours before you are ready to leave.

But yeah it's just a core heater. $20 adder when new. If you sell to an individual you can try to sell it as an adder but a dealer will probably laugh at you.

I can't afford to plug in my car. Time wise. I already push my morning to the last minute, and down to an exact science to get to the office, moments before I start my day. Can't afford the 32.5 seconds to unplug the cord and wrap it around the tree. lol

And trust me...dealers know that anyone who purchases a car NEEDS a block heater in Canada. Ha! They could mark it and sell it as a $2,000 option and us Canadian's will feel as though we need it in these frigid temperatures.

sc02grandam
01-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Bah, no lease. Solely owned. Under warranty. More reason to **** it up good and take it in for warranty repairs.

About time the common customer hoses GM for a change. They've gotten pretty good at hosing their customers.. time for a little roll reversal, I say!

if i dont plug my ga in .. it sounds like a dying cow when starting up

GALover
01-12-2005, 01:22 PM
I can't afford to plug in my car. Time wise. I already push my morning to the last minute, and down to an exact science to get to the office, moments before I start my day. Can't afford the 32.5 seconds to unplug the cord and wrap it around the tree. lol

And trust me...dealers know that anyone who purchases a car NEEDS a block heater in Canada. Ha! They could mark it and sell it as a $2,000 option and us Canadian's will feel as though we need it in these frigid temperatures.
You plug it in at night before you go to bed. And yeah it takes only 32.48 seconds to unplug and wind it on the tree. So little time to save so much money. It's like not putting any oil in your car for 15,000 miles.

Calgary_GAGT
01-12-2005, 01:32 PM
You plug it in at night before you go to bed. And yeah it takes only 32.48 seconds to unplug and wind it on the tree. So little time to save so much money. It's like not putting any oil in your car for 15,000 miles.

Ahh.. you *think* that's all it takes. Obviously you haven't seen how deep the snow is out in front of our house, or how far in our tree is off the walk. It'll take longer than 32.48 seconds, just to scrap my ass out of the snow when I fall ass over tea kettle and find myself face first in a fluffy puff of snow.

MyBlack99GT
01-12-2005, 06:27 PM
^^^that's some funny s**t lol lol