Service Vehicle Soon Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Service Vehicle Soon Problem

Landon
01-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Ok, its 11:00 or so at night, and I was driving home from work and my headlights, foglights, and some dash lights all went off. A light came on and said Service Vehicle Soon. Any ideas on what I can do for a quick fix, what the problem might be, or anything relating to this issue?

Landon
01-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Oh, and I need to be at work at 6:00am in the morning so dont give me the take it to a dealer comment either. Only helpful feedback please

GAGT7386
01-11-2005, 09:49 PM
hmm i would check all fuses linked to those ... i knwo that when my instrument panel didn't work that fuse 45 in the fuse box in the engine compartment was blown.

Landon
01-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Ill go check it right now, back in 5 min

BiHStL
01-11-2005, 10:04 PM
svs is not a ses light, so it should be anything serious, i had my svs light come on when a headlight went out, hopefully you find the prob.

Landon
01-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Headlights seem ok. Brake lights ok. tail lights do not work. Dash lights do not work, except for the ones that say Service Engine Soon and Service Vehicle Soon comming on. I will probably just drive it tommorrow and have the dealership document it and fix it. Does anyone think that they will care if I got an amp and subs hooked up, cause I really dont feel like taking that out and disconnecting everything.

Landon
01-11-2005, 10:11 PM
checked all the fuses too, the all see ok

Landon
01-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Going to bed for now, I will see whats uo tomorrow. Hopefully I will not get pulled over again like I did today

action
01-12-2005, 01:42 PM
With a car that new I'd definantly take it to a dealer. If you have a stereo installed, make sure none of that wiring is chafed and touching the body of the car. Any connections for a remote on that is shorting out on the car body could possibly cause a problem like that. Check out the install before the dealer finds a problem there (they will not cover a problem in the stero gear under warranty).

Landon
01-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Alright, took it into the dealer today. They said that 4 fuses were blown. 15, 45, and two others I dont remember. They said it have never happened before, so they didnt know what the problem was. I knew what the problem was, or I think I did, but didnt want to say anything cause it would void the warranty. Im pretty sure it was my subs and amp I got in their. 3000 watts of power by Rockford Fosgate and Audiobahn. Lukily the guys at the dealership were stupid and they didnt see, didnt notice, or something the Audiobahn sticker on the windshield and RF logo on the trunk lid. But I took all of the wiring out and stuff for my amps. They ended up replacing the wiring to the fog lights (What they think the problem is). I felt sorry for them...

action
01-13-2005, 08:15 AM
Cool, make sure the stereo is installed correctly in the future, the power for the amp has to be run directly off the Battery with a fuse holder in line, and the remote on should be wired off the back of your deck. AND becareful running the wires through the car of course!!! Good Luck

Zurge
01-26-2005, 10:50 PM
If you are noticing your dash lights, exterior lights, and car running oddly your altenator could be going on you.

Rogue9
01-27-2005, 12:33 PM
a powerful stereo shouldn't blow fuses.
I mean stereo draws power from the battery so it shouldn't affect the other systems.

Fuses burn if there's a short or excessive power draw... since amps draw only from the battery and not charge it, it shouldn't burn fuses.

eaglesrealm
01-29-2005, 02:29 PM
a powerful stereo shouldn't blow fuses.
I mean stereo draws power from the battery so it shouldn't affect the other systems.

Fuses burn if there's a short or excessive power draw... since amps draw only from the battery and not charge it, it shouldn't burn fuses.

Actually, if the scenerio is not as Action described, you will blow all types of fuses. Amps with that kind of current draw need to be a direct hookup to your battery WITH an inline fuse for that feed. The fuse should be rated accordingly for those amps. Also, as action indicated, the remote on should be wired to the back of the radio so that Amp switches on and off with the radio.