Hesitation in acceleration. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hesitation in acceleration.

seffedman
01-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Quick question for everyone. When I'm really gettin' on it my '00 GT seems to be hesitating? It still gets up and moves, but it just feels like it's not getting everything it could all the time. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Any suggestions on what to check? Thx

Ridenour
01-12-2005, 11:53 AM
things to check:
Spark plugs
Wires
Coil Packs
Plugged cat possibly
fuel filter
air filter

could possibly be any of those

96gase
02-01-2005, 09:53 PM
i had that w/ my 96 b4 it was a clogged up gummed up throttle body sprayed carb clean on it and brushed it off now fine

getTwisted
02-02-2005, 02:21 PM
i have the same problem, im gonna clean my airfilter out first. always start with the easiest first, then check the hard stuff

Infernall
02-03-2005, 07:49 PM
My 2001 SE has the same problem... feels like im pushing the pedal more these days for the same speed power I had when i pushed less before...

I just got new plugs, but I know i need to do something about my wires and coil packs.

One of my wires has a bit of rubber missing, thanks to a rat when the previous owner had this car...

Any two coil packs have a slight bit of rust on the wire contacts...

I am going to clean the contacts with steel wool/contact cleaner, give them a good coat of di-electric gel, and reconnect the wires... should be brand new after that.

Also, di-electric gel on the bad wire, cover in heat shrink, and shrink the tube on with a little hot glue.

Should be in good shape, for ~ $20.

:)

Clyde
02-04-2005, 06:28 AM
i had this problem in my 99GT. i decided to go all out and get it done right
-- new air filter, fuel filter, plugs, wires, and an injector purge/ tune up. cost me quite a bit but WOW does she move now!!