Brake problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Brake problem

Jim Boner
01-13-2005, 01:32 PM
I have a 2001 GT, and I recently replaced the rotors to slotted drilled, because we all know the stock ones blow. After a few months the right front is making a tisk tisk tisk noise, so I know its making sontact at some point to the rotor. Having some knowlege of fixing cars I replaced the caliper. This did not in fact fix the problem. Anyone know whats the next thing that I might look into?

EBlend
01-14-2005, 02:42 PM
i had the factory rotors go and a set of cross drilled rotors go..i can tell you waht my next step is...BAER brake system, cuz anything gm makes for brake parts i can no longer trust

Jim Boner
01-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Cmon everyone, I know someone would have some suggestions. I have a couple Idea's but Ireally think they are last resort, and result in bust ideas. Ant help would be appreciated. Yeah stock GM brakes suck a royal fattie. Im loosing alot of respect for GM, after owning 3 of their products, geez maybe I should say screw the whole car and buy a WRX STI, and save alot of money in the long run. This car has been a money pit, like Tom Hanks had, american cars stink, I think thats my final conclusion.