LIM Question (I search) [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : LIM Question (I search)

plourded
01-13-2005, 05:59 PM
I did a search nothing came up, Last Friday I notice some beige cream on the oil cap, then I check back on Sunday it was all gone. So today I check again and there it is again, there is not that much beige on it, the oil on the dip stick is fine. Could it be condensation in the engine causing that ?? Does somebody has a pic of a oil cap with the LIM problem

BiHStL
01-13-2005, 06:39 PM
to be on the safe side, i would run it to a mech. just to have them take a quick look at it

sicc
01-14-2005, 02:20 AM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42808

plourded
01-14-2005, 04:15 AM
my oil cap is not as bad from the one on the pic, it has alot less

n7plus1
01-16-2005, 08:43 PM
I am experiencing the same problem..a little less than a year ago...i found my oil cap to be the same..but again, not as bad as the one pictured..and i never tought anything of it...i am brand new to the site and i read up on some of the LIM gasket problems...and i was like wtf? this sucks..so i got all hot and bothered about it and went to check the oil cap and nothing...i have also changed the oil several times since then (the first line of the reply) and i never noticed any discoloration of the oil...but i have to fill the coolant like twice a year at the most just before winter gets here. im not sure what to do...is it the lower intake man. gasket or the water pump leaking? Thanks for the help in advance!

MegaHyp
01-16-2005, 10:48 PM
My cap had the same thing, a little white residue. If its really cold where you live its just because of condensation. My plymouth Neon used to do it in the winter also. My dads friend who builds a lot of engines for racing said a ton of cars do it in the winter in cold areas. at first i was scared crapless, but now i know its just cuz of the cold cuz i have had 2 cars do it. and when its warm out, there is nothing on the cap.

n7plus1
01-17-2005, 11:30 AM
well, i was looking around the engine bay today and found that it has to a leak. I found a small puddle of something..it has to be antifreeze b/c it would have frozen last night b/c it snowed and it wasnt melted snow...underneath the throttle body towards the front of the car...i have this problem posted under general as of today to get some advice.

plourded
01-17-2005, 12:30 PM
Yeah it it gets cold here in New Brunswick, Canada. I notice the beige stuff only happen when I take the car for a short drive. I 'm pretty sure I'm getting condensation but I will be keeping an eye on it.

BiHStL
01-17-2005, 09:38 PM
coolant in oil creates a "froth" on the cap, it is VERY BAD if there is coolant in your oil!!