Engine lift points. Only 1? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Engine lift points. Only 1?

Jon89LE
01-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Im trying to pull the motor out of a GA we have and i cant find the lift points. I can see one but i cant imagine there being only one lift point. Can anyone help? The cars a '99 and its got the 2.4 in it. Thansk a lot.

getTwisted
01-13-2005, 08:51 PM
i'm not sure what the motor looks like and where everything is located because i have the 3.4L but maybe i can help! when you say lift point you mean the little bracket that sticks up from the side of the block, right. you should bolt your chain to that bracket. then you must find another place to bolt the other side of the chain, try finding a bolt that is screwend into the block (take the bolt out) or maybe the place where one of the motor mounts was located, take your bolt, wether it be from the block, motor mount wherever, then run it throgh the chain, and run the bolt back into the block (somewhere that is stable). sorry if all that sounded complicated!

good luck

Jon89LE
01-14-2005, 09:13 PM
Yea, i may end up doing that, just find a bolt or sturdy bracket and use that and another lift point. Thanks for the reply buddy.