Driver's Window? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Driver's Window?

tranceokido
01-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Just wondering..I haven't had a chance to look at the fuses yet. But does the driver's window run off its own circut/fuse? I hope so. The window won't roll down now but all the other ones do. I don' know what happend...just one day it wouldn't roll down when I wanted it to. Definatly the motor if it desn't run off its own fuse. DOh! :hang:

e2helper
01-15-2005, 11:17 AM
Same fuse for all windows (25 Amp Circuit Braker in RH Instrument Panel fuse block). So either switch or motor.

GrandNasty
01-15-2005, 11:42 AM
the switch usually goes first but who knows maybe its the motor.one of those 2 though are def the prob

tranceokido
01-16-2005, 05:16 PM
anyone know how to test for the switch? All the other windows work from the driver side window command area...except the drivers...so like I said. It think it is the driver's.

feature_edit
02-03-2005, 09:05 PM
Anyone know how much the switch costs ... and do you have to replace the whole dayum thing on the drivers side? I had in the dealer's recently, and of course they couldn't "duplicate the problem" even though it only works half the time! Seems to me the problem is worse when it's really cold as opposed to when we've had 40+ temps. hmmm ...

Jetway
02-19-2005, 02:36 AM
I don't remember exactly, but I bought one from the dealer and kicking myself you know where for doing it. I'm thinking it was like anywhere between 80 and 100 bucks. And that was for a two door drivers side switch.

MorgyMan
03-07-2005, 08:22 PM
I have the same problem with mine. I was asking the parts counter guy if they had a way to test the switch and he got out a new one and we hooked it up right there in the parking lot. Still didn't work so it was not the switch. I was hoping I didn't have to replace the motor or regulator. Is the window tied into the sunroof somehow? My window wasn't working then was, now istotally dead, and now my sunroof just didn't work at all, then I turned the car off, turned it back on and it worked fine. WTF