Something loose underneath? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Something loose underneath?

HotLikeFire
01-18-2005, 11:04 AM
Okay guys and gals, this might be a stupid question but I know something has to be loose underneath my car.

I haven't hit anything that I know of, that would cause something to be loose underneath but while im driving I can feel it under my feet and even hear it if the road is rough enough. How can I diagnose something like this before bringing it in? It's not like I can stick a camera under there and go cruising around like that. Its f*cking abnoxious and reaaallly starting to get under my skin. Any ideas of what it could be, or a way to diagnose this? Also, would the cold have anything to do with it? Thanks. :)

Ridenour
01-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Could be a loose exhaust heat shield - or loose exhaust hanger - or maybe a bad bushing / control arm.

Look to see if all your heat shields and hangers are tight / not rubbing against anything.

Lube your bushings

Tighten all the bolts on your control arms / struts

AznGA
01-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Does this happen when you accerlerate?

HotLikeFire
01-18-2005, 02:19 PM
I guess it happens whenever, I didn't notice it specifically when I accelerate, but I know if I let off the gas it doesn't stop.

iceman
01-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Yep I'd start w/ exhaust components and suspension... see if anything is broken / etc.

HotLikeFire
01-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks guys. Now that I have an idea, im going to have my best gear head buddy do all the things you suggested. He's really irritable so I didn't want to bug him about it until I had an idea of what was wrong.

See if I tried looking under the car - I wouldn't know what to look for. I know where the exhaust is but anything else is far beyond this female mind.

Thanks!

action
01-19-2005, 08:22 AM
ball joint, spring mount maybe???