120,000 mi need advice [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 120,000 mi need advice

nd4spd
01-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Ahhhh well I know this might have been posted, if so yell, scream or kick me, but the car is getting old :(. Need some basic advice. What would you get checked, or replaced. Spark plugs and wires were replaced last year,belt,struts, fuel filter this year, trans flush, and coolant flush last year. Would it be worth, getting the brake system flushed, if they can. I noticed the power steering fluid looks like freaking sludge, and I am planning to suck the crap out with a baster. Again sorry if this has been asked a 100 times, just trying to hold out until my bmw hehee.

Hexx
01-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Bushings. Sway bar bushings to be exact along with A-arm bushings. Just inspect them. Inspect your CV joints, tie rods, ball joints also. If they are worn, replace them.

It probably would do your engine some good to use sea foam also. It will take all the carbon off your valves and pistons inside the motor.....its a tuneup in a bottle.

nd4spd
01-18-2005, 09:17 PM
yes, seafoam, can you post a site that has it, since I cannot find where to buy it. You just put that in your oil correct? :) Thanks for the help.

action
01-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Its a good idea to have the brake fliud changed by a shop, brake fluid will evetually absorb water and have less effect when you press the brake. Plus the old fluid is probably contaminated which can lead to problems with brake pistons sticking later down the road.