Front Bumper Installation..complex??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Front Bumper Installation..complex???

MTLINFO
01-19-2005, 06:01 AM
Hi everyone,

First post here btw :-)

I scrapped my front bumper cover in Dec thanks to a black ice spot I didn't see and now that I ordered one, I was just wondering if that's a very hard task to do or if I can do it myself in a few minutes here?

I believe the touchy parts like air bag sensors are behind the metal part of the bumper so I won't need to play with those...right?

If everyone here did that in the past please let me know how was it for you and how long it took you to change the old with the new one here?

Thanks,

Richard

onesexyga
01-19-2005, 07:29 AM
I havent done a 99+, but if its anything like a 93 grand am its not that bad. Takes a few hours and some patience, but doable. The big question is paint.

RamAirGT22
01-19-2005, 07:33 AM
It wasn't that hard, at least I don't think so. You have to jack the front up and take off the front tires. Then take off the wheel well liner. Find all the bolt and screws holding the bumper on and it should pop right off. Also the black plastic retaining washer thing under the hood that hold the ram air cover on need to come off. That should be it, unless I am missing something...Good luck

action
01-19-2005, 08:18 AM
Yeah your safe from setting off the airbag unless you get really ****ed and start wailing on the bumper pad!!!!!

Shouldnt be too hard, just alot of little bolts and clips. I'm waiting until spring to replace my bumper and front fender (thanks dad). My luck I'd replace it now and somone else would wack into it again!!!

MTLINFO
01-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Take off the front wheels!!! Really? :-S

RamAirGT22
01-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Take off the front wheels!!! Really? :-S

Yeah, it makes it easier to take off the bolts and the wheel well liner...

MTLINFO
01-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Ah, those darn Canadian winter right? ;-)

Makes you wanna move to California but they had 2 feet of snow last week so I'll stay in Montreal, it's warmer here ;-)