Same problem second time... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Same problem second time...

nd4spd
01-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Well the first time, I was kind of hard on the ol beast on the x way, get into town and its stuttering real bad and quits, try to start, and it takes me about 10 tries and I have to floor the car while its parked, and she runs fine.

Well just had the fuel filter replaced, which was clogged, and the fuel pump checked, its fine, also had the injectors cleaned. About a month later I was kind of hard on the ga again, and I park it, come out about an hour later, same thing, chug, chug, stall. About 10 tries starting the car again, car runs ok. Sob, I still think its my fuel pump, when I was on the x way today I gunned it, and it acted like it was hesitating, and sluggish, and didn't want to shift, but my tranny shifts smooth, just feels like a fuel starvation problem. Could my filter be clogged again after only a month or two? I do have around 120,000 miles on the original fuel pump, and yes its a 99 pump so..., but the pressure checked out ok. Hmmmm.

ram444
01-19-2005, 08:52 PM
the best thing to do is take it to a shop and get a tune up or just get it looked at again it could be so many things. Could be something as simple as not getting enough air. But i dont know what you have done to youre car. Shouldnt be too big of a deal though.

action
01-20-2005, 12:56 PM
We had a rpoblem with our Yukon, turned out to be the engine temperature sensor for the computer was shot. It was giving a reading that was telling the computer the engine was very cold, when infact it was at running temp. The computer would then dump way too much gas in and the truck would run the pits, and only stay running at WOT.