LIM fix procedures w/ torque specs? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : LIM fix procedures w/ torque specs?

Breadfan
01-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Hey guys, long time no see. Go figure my Grand Am has been relatively trouble free, aside from a very intermittent PASSlock issue. :)

Anyway, my sisters '02 GT isn't as well off -- 45,000 miles and her LIM is bad again. Looks to me it's an external leak. (Coolant on block, none apparent in oil.)

She had this done at 10,000 miles under warranty, but now she's out of the warranty period. I'm considering doing the job if she can't get a deal from GM.

Before I committ to it, I was reviewing the steps. I got them from the Sticky in this topic -- doesn't look too bad.

Just curious if there are any sites or posts here with some detailed steps and torque specs -- something I can take with me if I do the job.

That being said, do you guys use anything like that or simply buy service manuals? Are the guides here and a haynes manual for torque specs and other odd's and end's good enough?

If I do this job I guess it'll be good practice. :) I've got 77k and so far a good LIM on my '01 -- coolant light has lit briefly twice in the last few years on acceleration, other than that no negative signs...but if I keep it much longer I know I'll be doing it.

AleroME
01-20-2005, 10:41 AM
lower intake bolts 115 inch pounds. upper is 18 ft lbs. Theres also a special order to torque them down too.

Breadfan
01-20-2005, 10:44 AM
Yeah, I'm assuming it's a crosshatch torque pattern, but I'd follow it specifically. Haynes have all this? I guess I might as well get one, 15 bucks and two cars that will benefit from it...

I also know the rockers are 14blft+30deg...