Link to GM service manual [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Link to GM service manual

ydrsbtr97
01-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Here's a link for the online GM service manual. Comes in handy, very detailed instructions.

http://www.sourcenet.ca:9001/servlets/Home

sc02grandam
01-20-2005, 07:16 PM
good find :thumbs:

RaZoRBLaDeZ
06-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Sorry for brining back such an old topic, but I have been looking for the service manual. This link seems to be dead. Anyone else have any other locations I can get it from?

Thanks

JHawk GT
06-05-2005, 05:34 PM
I think GM has shut down all the unauthorized sites that were hosting their service manual. If you want it on cd-rom, your best bet is to buy a copy off ebay for anywhere from $30-$50. Do a search for "gm esi." The final cd-rom version is 2004.19.00.

eBandit
06-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I got my GM eSI Techline CD's from eBay for $25. They are the latest set and are worth the few dollars. Ive seen the same sets go over $100 on eBay though, so just watch a few sets. I got mine from member (2000gan) and he shipped quick. I paid paypal on Fri. evening and he shipped out on Sat. and my CD's arrived on Mon. (I didnt see any sets on his auctions right now though).

They have: 1980 - 2005 Service Bulletins and Campaigns, 1996 & 1997 Engine and Transmission (Sections 6 & 7) and 1998 - 2005 GM Car and Truck Service Manuals (all sections of the manual including DTC's).

Now when you install it; it will say it isnt compatable with Windows XP Home ed. (if you have home ed. like I do on my laptop), but it will be ok. The Cd's say they are for Windows 2000 Pro and XP Pro, but that is only for networked systems (like in a GM service facility), if you are running it on a single pc then XP home will work just fine (some sellers let you know that and some must not know because they say it wont work on XP home etc., but I have been running it on XP Home for weeks; but I am told it will not work on 98 or me). Its takes alot of room up on your HD though (says 8GB, I didnt pay any attention on mine because I have a big HD anyway, but I did have to defrag right after install.).

RaZoRBLaDeZ
06-07-2005, 05:43 AM
Thanks for the info. I should meet the system reqs, using XP PRO anyways and have just over 1TB or total space. :P