Heat Sucks! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Heat Sucks!

ndprunner22
01-21-2005, 10:49 AM
the heat in my car is really weak and takes for ever to get warm unless i rev the car up
i have remote start and would like to have the car warm

i know i have this problem:Fan speed
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1346

i was just wondering if i fix that will my heat be stronger and hotter?

pontga00
01-21-2005, 10:56 AM
Fixing that won't really help the car get warmer any quicker. I remote start my car 10 minutes before I leave for work in the morning, and it still takes about another 20 minutes before I could actually say its "warm". That's like 30 minutes, way too long.

NorKoastal
01-21-2005, 12:51 PM
I would fix the HVAC controls anyway... The 1-2 setting is best to warm the car because the fan is allowing the heat to build up/not cooling while blowing out.... I would check all heater parts and replace fluids as well.... Try searching for more details...

action
01-21-2005, 02:02 PM
The car wont get very warm with the fan on max, it blows air too fast to absorb heat from the heat exchanger. Check you coolant level, if its low it can cause problems with air getting in the system. Also have the system pressure checked it its really that bad.

I find my car decent for heating up, heats up after about 10 mins driving. I find that remote starters do nothing but burn extra gas. This Grand Am is the first vechicle that I've never bothered getting one installed.

ndprunner22
01-22-2005, 05:41 PM
remote start burn gas?
it idles at 1000 rpm for 10mins?
i believe thats the amount of time you sit at a red light in a day

mr03SCT
01-22-2005, 05:56 PM
you can try using the engine block heater.