My brake light (cluster) comes on randomly [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : My brake light (cluster) comes on randomly

AaronGAGT
01-21-2005, 06:47 PM
I searched and didnt really find much about the brake light in the gauge cluster... just stuff about the tails.

Anyways, just started about a week or 2 ago, when i start the car, the red "brake" light stays on. After a little bit of driving it will go off, but then will randomly come back on... even if im just cruising on a smooth street. Anyone have any ideas? maybe from the cold? I'm lost here and dont know if this is a real problem. My brakes are performing normally btw.

AaronGAGT
01-22-2005, 06:43 PM
to the top we go.

mr03SCT
01-22-2005, 07:22 PM
your parking brake switch could be faulty...sometimes they can just be cleaned but usually they have to be replaced or your insturment cluster could need replacing...but most likely its your parking brake switch.

http://www.sourcenet.ca:9001/servlets/Home

AaronGAGT
01-23-2005, 02:24 PM
No, i dont think thats it. Shouldnt the Trac off light come on if thats the case?

AaronGAGT
01-24-2005, 08:29 PM
eh... anyone??

Braves299
01-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Hey I have that problem once in awhile.. the brake light and ABS light would come on at random times. If you turn the car off, and back on, it should go off. If not, you have a problem. THe manual says that if you look under the brake light discription. Its probably nothing. I just took my car to the dealer today though because my light finally came on two days ago and stayed on. It will not go off, and my brakes act funny. I'll let ya know what happens with it.

MyBlack99GT
01-24-2005, 09:17 PM
I think the Trac Off light only comes on when u pull it up so far. Because when i E-brake around snowy corners it doesn't come on until the handle is pretty far up.

AaronGAGT
01-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Hmm... the only light that comes on is BRAKE Nothing else... no trac off/ABS stuff. I just dont see why if im driving down a smooth street, it will turn off.... and then turn back on in a little bit....

Matt95GT
01-26-2005, 08:23 AM
The brake light is dual purpose... to indicate parking brake is on, or that there is a problem at the master cylinder. Have you checked your brake fluid level?