No ABS... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : No ABS...

K2737
01-21-2005, 09:24 PM
So I go out to my car tonight, turn it on and the ABS light comes on. So I was like wtf. I drive down the parking lot in my apartment complex that is snow covered and slam and the brakes and, yup I have no ABS. It is also -8 air temp, -20 wind chill. Could cold weather affect this? Or do you think the sensor is blown. I guess I will have to bring it into the dealership to see whats up, cause there is no way I am going to go lay under my car in sub zero weather. lol So am I screwed or do you think it will be fine in the AM?

Ridenour
01-21-2005, 10:29 PM
I've had ABS / wheel sensor faults that have freaked out when I've hit ice or slush and stuff, but usually when I restart it they're gone and my ABS work. If it's not there in the morning, it was most likely a sensor just freaking out, but if it's still there, then something's most likely actually wrong.

K2737
01-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Well the light wasen't on and ABS worked fine while driving today so I guess it was just froze or maybe some of the snow that is packed into my wheel well messed it up. I am happy I don't have to replace anything. :metal:

carsarecool
01-23-2005, 12:45 AM
yeah sometimes it can be snow/slush tripping the sensor, just turn off and restart your car, if it keeps happening thats when you hafta take it somewhere to scan ABS codes to find out which wheel bearing it is.