HVAC not working AT ALL [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HVAC not working AT ALL

HiFiCarGuy
01-22-2005, 12:34 AM
I've searched, and still am clueless. I got in my car this evening (it had been sitting for 2 weeks) and it fires right up, I set turn the the heat, and the nothing happens. On all settings, nothing happens. First I checked fuses (every damned one!), and all the fuses were in tact. This makes me believe that it's not the resistor problem. When I switch to different modes however, the engine labors, like it's trying to do something, but still the blower isn't blowing. Can anyone please shed some light as to why it is doing this. Is my blower motor bad? Can someone also let me know where the blower motor is, I'd like to check all the connections for possible corrosion. I'm really upset because I can't drive my car without the defroster, the windshield freezes so fast it's crazy. Someone, please help! Thanks

sc02grandam
01-22-2005, 12:47 AM
blower motor is behind the glovebox

HiFiCarGuy
01-22-2005, 10:38 AM
Cool thanks, I'll check it out. Is there anything I have to take off to get to it?

mr03SCT
01-22-2005, 07:31 PM
http://www.sourcenet.ca:9001/servlets/Home

HiFiCarGuy
01-22-2005, 07:59 PM
^ I found that through a search....so helpful. Thanks!

HiFiCarGuy
01-23-2005, 05:14 PM
Well, I finally just yanked the damned blower motor out. It was frozen. Probably ~.25 inchin think ice around the wheel, chipped all that out, stuck it back in and I have heat again. Only 3-5 but I'll replace the resistor for 1-2 when it's warm outside. Just thought I'd end the story I started, hopefuly it may help someone.

coupe
01-23-2005, 05:32 PM
It got iced up? Dint know if that was possible. Of course ive never taken a look at where exactly it is either.