Brake Problems [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Brake Problems

Braves299
01-23-2005, 02:30 PM
Yesterday I drove about 2 miles up the street to my friends house. By the time I got there, I noticed the brakes kind of felt a little funny. I had to push the peddle a lot harder than usual and i heard grinding coming from the rear. Do you know how if you have your car turned off, and you pump the breaks.. how it fills up with pressure? Thats what it felt like. So what I did was turn the car off and pump the breaks. I then turned the car back on, to see if the pressure would go down, but it didnt, and then when i put it in drive, the brake light and ABS light came on.. and they stay on. THe manual says if these lights stay on, then I have to have it towed to the dealer immediately. What can be wrong??? I'm lost on this one...

David

Braves299
01-23-2005, 10:00 PM
anybody??? i need help :(

kubiache
01-24-2005, 04:11 AM
Well, if you're hearing a grinding from the rear, and if that sound came the same time as the low pedal, I'd say your shoes are toast and you blew out a wheel cylinder, assuming you have drums in the rear. Either way, it sounds like your master cylinder is leaking. Pop under your hood and look for moisture below the master cylinder.