Seals on Fuel lines going in/out of fuel rail? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Seals on Fuel lines going in/out of fuel rail?

intence
01-24-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm going to be checking the o-rings on my injectors (i'm pretty sure one is leaking), and I was wondering what other seals might be missing, or needs to be replaced.

Are there seals where the fuel line connects to the rail?

I know there's an o-ring seal where the rail meets the FPR, but what about the return line from the FPR, is there a seal there?

I know it's easy to get the o-rings for the injectors, but what about the collar that sits above the injectors, are those available without needing to buy new injectors, as a standalone part?

2kramairGT
01-24-2005, 01:27 PM
I just did the LIM replacement and I replaced the injector o-rings. The fpr has an oring on it as well as the fuel inlet line. Make sure you replace both. I didnt have one for the inlet line so i just reused and i drove it for 200 miles only to get fuel fumes and notice that it was leaking all over the place. So i took it out again and bought a variety o-ring pack for 5$ and replaced the o-ring on the fpr and intlet line. Just get a variety pack and size 'em up. They even sell gm fuel o-ring replacement kits at parts stores.

intence
01-24-2005, 02:59 PM
I want to make sure i've got all the bases covered. When you say the fuel inlet line (excuse my ignorance), do you mean the o-ring that sits between the rail and the FPR, or is there another seal at the bottom of the FPR (where the metal fuel line connects to it). I'm thinking that this is fuel inlet line?

So if that's the same one you mentioned, there's 2 on the FPR, and the o-rings for the injectors, but there isn't one on the fuel line that runs directly into the fuel rail (not on the end with the FPR)?

I'm going to get the kit, but don't want to be putting gaskets where I shouldn't have gaskets :)

onesexyga
01-24-2005, 03:34 PM
Make sure when you set the rail back in you dont mess up the o rings. Lube them, and watch them go in. They can get cut, and pieces can get nasty.

2kramairGT
01-24-2005, 03:51 PM
The "fuel inlet line" is my way of saying the line that enters the fuel rail on the opposite side of the fpr. It has an o-ring that must be replaced, and like someone else said, lube them before installing so they dont get cut!

Also, the line that enters the bottom of the fpr has a o-ring too i believe. I dont know why you would have to disconnect it though. I just pulled the fpr out of the rail with the line attatched to the bottom of the fpr.

intence
01-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Thanks, what's the best stuff to lube with, a bit of motor oil, or some petroleum jelly? Or should either be fine? I'm gonna grab a kit and probably replace the FPR too while i'm in there. Make sure that everything's sealed up tight :)