No Power Streering [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : No Power Streering

Kodeblue
01-24-2005, 03:16 PM
Yesterday, I washed my car I always do about twice a week. After I was done, I drove around for about 30 minutes to get any water off that would come off. I get up this morning for work and when I started my car, it made the funny noise it has always done when it is really cold. I go to leave and feel that I have no power steering. I stop and go to pop the hood to check things out and it is frozen. I continue off to work and keep and eye on the temp guage to make sure the belt was still working and everyitng else seemed fine. Temp ran normal, I heard no funny noises other then the original noise for a few seconds when i started the car. Tomorrow, I will be dropping the car off at a buddies heated shop to thaw everyitjng and hope that things are good after that. Anybody know what the problem could be?

Kodeblue
01-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Wow, nobody has ANY ideas at all? Well I got it all thawed out anyways and it is a pressure line, I think. What I didn't know was that there is 2 different lines for our cars though. They have to use your VIN to see what line you need. One is $105 and the other is $196. Mine was the $196. That was from GM though. I am going to a local parts store and saving almost halh though.