Radio Theftlock [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Radio Theftlock

Homewrecker
01-25-2005, 09:04 AM
I've searched the board but couldn't find an answer to my question.

I've had the pleasure of being visited by the LIM fairy and I'm getting ready to fix it.

I have a 2001 GA GT with a Monsoon unit. The theftlock system is enabled. I want to disable it so that I can disconnect my battery to do the LIM work. The owners manual says absolutley nothing about it.

My Haynes manual says to turn the ignition on and hold preset keys 1 and 4 down for 5 seconds. I should then get a display saying "LOC" and then to enter the code.

The problem is that holding the 2 preset keys down does nothing. Is this a mistake in the manual? I remember at one time enabling the theftlock (I may be confusing it with my 99 GT that I once owned) but now I can't figure the damn thing out.

Any ideas?

sc02grandam
01-25-2005, 12:56 PM
if you have the monsoon unit then you dont have to worry about theft lock.. i think the monsoon unit uses the vehicles vin number.. so disconnecting the battery does absolutely nothing

ken0042
03-27-2005, 11:50 AM
i think the monsoon unit uses the vehicles vin number.. so disconnecting the battery does absolutely nothing

Can anybody confirm this? I have an 03 G/A SE with the monsoon system that has the CD and cassette.

I need to remove the battery to move another car.

Thanks!

ken0042
03-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Looks like I found out for myself. The stereo is unaffected by removing the battery. The clock needed to be reset (obviously) but the radio kept it's programming.