Does this sound like the multi-function SWITCH? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like the multi-function SWITCH?

BadGT471
01-26-2005, 05:28 PM
I took my 02 GAGT into Pontiac today to have them look at my windshield wipers. The wipers would work intermittently... By this I mean, sometimes I would turn them on and nothing would happen.. I could push the switch in both directions, even try to spray washer fluid and NOTHING! Well, to my luck, the car ran out of warranty last month, so I got stuck eating this one.. Anyways, the problem reoccured yesterday and this time the wipers didn't go all the way down to their resting position when you turn them off, rather they stayed up on the windshield. I let the car sit, and later on that night they worked... Well, today the car was looked at.. The dealership stated that they left them on and they stopped working... Apparently when the tech pulled off the plastic to get to the switch he saw "arching"... Therefore, they replaced the multifunction switch and claim that was the problem. Does this sound right? Would a switch do this? Cause the wipers to work sometimes, and sometimes not? I never had a problem with my turn signals or anything... What do you all think?

Jeff

dennistowell
01-26-2005, 08:37 PM
well the multifunction switch controls everything on both of the levers out of the steering colum ex. turn signals, headlights, wipers, and washer fluild. so i guess it could have been the problem.

my main question is that did you pay for the repair already because if you havent you can call pontiac customer service at 1-800-620-7668 and ask them if they will cover the repair since your car has only been out of warrenty about a month. when i had my lower intake gasket fail i was almost 7 months out of warrenty and they still covered the repair as if i was covered by a warrenty. Just call and ask to speak to a dealer rep. and ask him if he could approve the repair and he will call the dealer and let them know to repair it under warrenty. if you already had it done you can give them a call and see if they will refund your money, but i dont know if they can do that.

hope that helps you out

BadGT471
01-26-2005, 08:43 PM
Dang... I already had it done today......I will give that # a call tomorrow though.. Hey, it's worth a shot... It ran me $240 today! Might as well try...