2000 GAGT Corner Lights [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2000 GAGT Corner Lights

Phayze
02-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Hi, I'm pretty new here (post-wise), just been lurking for a bit. I have a silver 2000 GAGT, and have recently decided to pick up on appearance modding.

I just bought some black housing tail lights, which look really nice, but I realize I don't like the yellowish look to the corner lights on the front. I know that no aftermarket companies make clear corner lights for GAs, so I was wondering what would go best with my car?

I saw the vinyls, I'm not completely sure how they work; would they be legal in California? Can the light shine through them?

and then there were the smoked covers for the whole headlight, I guess there's always a chance of those being stolen, and I'm still not sure if they're legal: would I need to upgrade my lights to make them bright enough?

any California law experts around?!

RamAirGT22
02-02-2005, 05:31 PM
I don't think either of them are legal in any state. The light will shine through the vinyl a little bit but not enough, same goes for the covers. Some people cut a design or a circle in the vinyl piece to let the light shine through. I don't think anyone has been bother with the vinyl overlays so I say go for them....

Phayze
02-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Cool, I might just do that. Yeah, I think I remember reading something about designing your own vinyl with a kit, something about projector lights? Sounds interesting, I'll keep lookin' around, thanks.

GALover
02-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Usually it's illegal to cover the entire amber section of your headlight in every state. Specially since it is the only amber reflector on the whole side of the car. If 5-0 does give you flack you just go right in front of him and rip it off *have a good day*. I have been using vinyl for 6 months now illegally and have not had a problem. I even removed the turn lamp 2 months ago. No problems yet. Some light was getting through and I didn't like it hehehe.

The PFYC link above in the top right has headlight covers available. Anything other than clear will again probably be illegal. But Pretty Much as long as you are not being an :asshat: the police will not mess with you.

As far as matching vinyl, I too have a very hard color to match. Just go to a sign shop and they should have a little pallet of their available colors. You can buy a square yard for like $15. Some choose to paint (highly illegal too) but that will be harder to remove infront of the officer and more time consuming.