A couple stupid questions... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : A couple stupid questions...

FuriousG
02-05-2005, 04:25 AM
Okay, I bought my 2003 GT1 with SC/T styling almost 2 years ago and I'm still wondering two things...

1. What does SC/T mean or stand for? Is it an abreviation?

2. What is the difference between a GT and a GT1? At first I thought the GT1 was simplyt he 4-door version but I'm not so sure of that anymore. Can anyone here clarify?

OneFastGT
02-05-2005, 08:10 AM
I don't believe the SC/T is an abbreviation of anything....but I do know that the concept car was called that. The only difference that I know for sure between the GT and GT1 is the latter has radio controls on the steering wheel.

onesexyga
02-05-2005, 08:39 AM
SC/T= Supercharged touring. Makes sence right, since the car is naturally aspirated? Well the concept car was supercharged.

FuriousG
02-06-2005, 07:50 AM
SC/T= Supercharged touring. Makes sence right, since the car is naturally aspirated? Well the concept car was supercharged.

Finally, one of the mysteries is put to rest. Even if that's not what it means it's a good enough answer for me to believe it.

So the GT1 vs the GT is nothing more than a few more options thrown in? I know the one I bought had everything except the enigne heater and it's a GT1. I still wonder if there's more of a difference than just that though...

sluggerx5
02-06-2005, 08:02 AM
there really isn't that much of a difference. The dealer told me when i bought mine he said there really is like a $15 difference between the gt1 i got and the other gt on the lot.

xxbackhillxx
02-06-2005, 01:30 PM
SC/T= Supercharged touring.
strike 1. give it another swing.

*repost* on this whole thread. search. both parts have been discussed.

Ant
02-06-2005, 01:45 PM
^^ no he was right. THe ORIGINAL CAR, the Eaton blown concept, had the letters SC/T meaning supercharged touring. Then, when GM started offering the package, it changed to "Sport Compact/Touring".

i think

AznGA
02-06-2005, 02:37 PM
strike 1. give it another swing.

*repost* on this whole thread. search. both parts have been discussed.
You could have easily answered the question with one sentence that you used to tell him to search.

AznGA
02-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Okay, I bought my 2003 GT1 with SC/T styling almost 2 years ago and I'm still wondering two things...

1. What does SC/T mean or stand for? Is it an abreviation?

2. What is the difference between a GT and a GT1? At first I thought the GT1 was simplyt he 4-door version but I'm not so sure of that anymore. Can anyone here clarify?
Are you really from Korea? I was born there.
SC/T is what others have said. The SC/T package Pontiac sells consists of different hood and spoiler. GT1 has sunroof, steering wheel radio controls, and power seat standard. You can still get a GT with sunroof and other goodies. It's just different options.

FuriousG
02-07-2005, 01:19 AM
I'm not from Korea originally. In fact I've only been here 5 months and I'm looking forward to leaving. Nothing against Korea itself I just miss my wife. I'm stationed here for one year with the Air Force and I had to leave my wife back in the states. After this tour is up in September we're both going back to Germany where we first met during our first tour over there. I can't wait to get my GA on the autobahn...

I actually grew up in Iowa. Looks like you and I should switch locations...then again, I'm not a big fan of Iowa anymore either...

As for the person who insisted I use the search feature let me assure you I've tried. But I'm sure you can imagine the number of threads here containing the abbreviations GT1 and SC/T. I could have spent my remaining 7 months in Korea searching through the results...