Brake Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Brake Problem

2000GT
02-06-2005, 10:04 PM
Okay so I asked the ? once and I got no help and I have tried research this and nothing similar has come up. My brake light is on and no I am not driving around with the E-Brake on. Brake fluid is fine also. Also my cruise control does not work. Could this be a bad sensor or what cause I am stumped with it. IT is just the brake light and nothing else that comes on. Everything else seems to work fine

atc3434
02-06-2005, 10:30 PM
The trac off light isn't on when in drive? Hmmm, I was thinking an e-brake switch, because if you e-brake, you'll lose cruise control. But you'd get a trac-off light if it was the e-brake. Do me a fav next time you drive, and pull the ebrake up a click while in driving and see if the trac off light comes on too. Sounds like a sensor problem cause everything else mechanical is working, but you'd usually get a trac-off light for a wheel speed sensor, but you wouldn't lose cruise from that. Hmm, this is a good one. My money is still the e-brake switch.

2000GT
02-06-2005, 10:52 PM
yeah I tried that and when I pull the ebrake the the trac off light does come on. SO yeah i am not sure what is goin on

atc3434
02-07-2005, 05:38 AM
Definitely rules out the e-brake switch. Perhaps the ABS unit has an issue. Ahh, that would through the ABS light though. Wheelspeed sensors trip the ABS and Trac-off, not the brake light. Hmmm.... maybe the fluid level sensor is going stuipd. Does the ABS system still work?

2000GT
02-07-2005, 10:50 AM
I dropped my car off today at a repair shop and they are doing a brake inspection so hopefully they come up with something

1coop44
02-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Could be the brake switch at the petal is stuck on.

2000GT
02-07-2005, 12:39 PM
So it turns out that the float in the master cylinder has a hole in it or something that causes it to sink to the bottom and trip the light.