Need LED Help! A.S.A.P [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need LED Help! A.S.A.P

crazypontiac03
02-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Alright i have the 3157's led's im trying to load resist them and its not working i have one end of the load resisotor on the Black wire and the other end on the Brown Wire, Then i had the other load resistor on the Blue wire and the Brown wire, still have hyper flash what am i doing wrong.

GALover
02-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Can you be a little more vague please. We all know exactly which wires your talking about. Give me some spec numbers. Sounds like you just need a stronger resistor but your description is too vague.

Rba007
02-07-2005, 11:35 AM
If youre doing it in the front, you just splice the load resistor INLINE. As in, cut the black wire. One end, attach to one end of the load resistor, other end, attach to other end of the load resistor.

crazypontiac03
02-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Alright i got it all hooked up and it works fine, I just didnt have a big enough resistor so i double it so now i got two on there. Now the Car is Throughing code's "service soon" take it mind i didnt disconnect the battery. should i have or what. All the Led's work fine though. Whats the probablem now?!?

GALover
02-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Just give it a few days. It'll clear the code. it prob thought your headlight was out.

crazypontiac03
02-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Alright ill give it a few days, Ill let ya know. Thanks for making me think there for a second, i was wondering why i had 4 resistor's for 2 led's :doh: , Not one of my better thoughts. lol

crazypontiac03
02-08-2005, 04:15 PM
I dont know if this is all related or not but this is what happen yesterday. I installed the led's, everything worked fine untill, I was driven to pick up some one and on the way i lost all my lights inteiror,parking light, fog lights,everything but the headlights.So i was like WTF i thought i wired the LED's wrong. So i took it back apart and took them out went back to "stock" still samething checked the fuse for the Fog's. It wasnt blown. SO i ended up going to the dealer, they called me back today saying it was just a fuse and a relay that of course was fixed under warranty but due to the amount of aftermarket things if it blows again they will not cover it. They said i may need something like i bigger direct. Or something like that. I also had a alarm remote start put in on staurday and the transmitter was acting up so they are going to replace that once i get the car back. I'll find out more info tomrrow,when i get the car back.I just had them fix the window's while it was in there for the night anyway. So they had to order some parts. Has any one else had any issues like this? I'll let u know the exact cause tomrrow.

I would like to put the LED's back in but if this keeps happing its not worth it.