Hesitation when commimg out of a shift??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hesitation when commimg out of a shift???

Quinny
02-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Hey Gang,

The problem I'm having is with my 96 GAGT 2.4 w/5spd. manual tranny. I have not done any modifications to the car. what is happening is this... when shifting out of 3rd up 4th the car will begin to hesitate until the RPM's come up, does the same from 4th to 5th. I have changed the coil packs, the plugs, wires(boots), ign. module and have done a complete exhaust from manifold back. This seems to be worse with different brands of gas. I also run injector cleaner every 3rd tank or so. Any suggestions would be helpful, I miss the inital power comming out of a shift.

Just a side note** I've noticed that I'm one of the oldest guys on this forum. Please keep in mind I'm young at heart and love a good looking great sounding Grand Am. Besides I'll soon be doing some mods on this car for my son, he'll be getting the car in a few years.

Thanks for your help.

Dan

Intuit57
02-09-2005, 07:45 AM
Hi;
I know nothing about transmissions except that I had mine rebuilt because it was hesitating when I would put it from Park to Drive or reverse to Drive...it turned out to be the Valve-body. I have an automatic..but maybe this can help?