Service Vehicle Soon Light in Reverse [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Service Vehicle Soon Light in Reverse

ostrow17
02-08-2005, 12:04 PM
On my 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT with a 3.4 V6 the service vehicle soon light come on, but I am still trying to find out the problem. When I start my vehicle the light does not come on but when I shift it in reverse and press the gas it comes on. I don't even need the car to be started if I turn the key to the on position it comes on when I shift the vehicle in reverse and press the gas it comes on also. It all started when I was at a stop sign and started to accelerate, and then the light came on. Now it only comes on when I go in reverse. Any ideas what this could be?

atc3434
02-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Reverse or brakelight out, thats my guess. The computer knows when these things happen and will through the light.

2002AmSE
02-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Check your headlights, both high beam and low beam. When the car is going into reverse it is checking the daytime running lights, and if a bulb is out, the SVS light comes on.

ostrow17
02-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Now its doing it when I go forward too. I looked at the headlights and sure enough my drivers side headlight is out. I never knew that this would trigger the light. Thanks to both of you.

Braves299
02-08-2005, 05:43 PM
^replace them both cuz the other one will prob. die soon too.