Possessed Grand AM [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Possessed Grand AM

JermsGAGT03
02-09-2005, 01:39 PM
My car seems to have a mind of it's own. Every since the day I bought it I have had problems with the radion and blower motor kicking on when the cars turned off, locked up, and keys are in the house. The blower just comes on for about 20 seconds then goes off, however, when the radio comes on u have to actually unlock the car and turn it off. Most of the time it will go off when u open the door but I have had to turn it off manually and even one time I had to unplug the battery. It just spent over a week in the shop for this problem and countless others and they put a new computer in it and something else and said that should take care of it. Well last night 6 times I had to crawl out of bed and go outside to turn my radio off. If anyone has any clue as to whats going on I would really appreciate it. The next time that damn car keeps me awake like last night I will set it a blaze right there in the driveway. This has been a continuing problem for over 2 years now. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! :scream:

GrahamKracka
02-09-2005, 01:41 PM
time for a trade in?

JermsGAGT03
02-09-2005, 01:46 PM
well with all the other issues I've had with the car GM actually offered me some really good rebates ontop of what they already offer on new GM's but I'd rather walk before owning another GM product. See this car is my replacement from the Alero that I had to get the lemon law on. GM's aren't exactly my fav's anymore.

GrahamKracka
02-09-2005, 01:55 PM
same here bro

Pontiac Ninja
02-09-2005, 02:42 PM
I don't what to say, other then WTF! That is really weird, and I have never heard of anyones elses GA or ALero doing this. Mine sure hasn't and my ex- g/f's Alero never did. Sounds like you have had some extremely bad luck with your cars! Most GM's really aren't that bad! I hope things get sorted out for ya!

Panacea
02-09-2005, 03:25 PM
I believe I read somewhere about the fan coming on. Even when the car is shut off it will turn on to dry out the system or something to that effect. Don't know where I read/heard that from though.

DrFabulous
02-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Wow. Heard of the fan, but the radio? That would drive me nuts. I'd start un-hooking my battery. Hopefully someone can help.

MetaGTP1
02-09-2005, 10:16 PM
My car seems to have a mind of it's own. Every since the day I bought it I have had problems with the radion and blower motor kicking on when the cars turned off, locked up, and keys are in the house. The blower just comes on for about 20 seconds then goes off, however, when the radio comes on u have to actually unlock the car and turn it off. Most of the time it will go off when u open the door but I have had to turn it off manually and even one time I had to unplug the battery. It just spent over a week in the shop for this problem and countless others and they put a new computer in it and something else and said that should take care of it. Well last night 6 times I had to crawl out of bed and go outside to turn my radio off. If anyone has any clue as to whats going on I would really appreciate it. The next time that damn car keeps me awake like last night I will set it a blaze right there in the driveway. This has been a continuing problem for over 2 years now. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! :scream:Do you have an aftermarket alarm system or entertainment system in your car? Do you notice an 'SVS' light on when this occurs? The problem is probably wiring- related.

crazypontiac03
02-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Weird

brsexton
02-10-2005, 05:58 AM
ignition switch??? Maybe?

JermsGAGT03
02-16-2005, 06:00 PM
I've heard from a few people that it was the ignition switch but the dealership doesn't seem to think so. One time before the fog lights came on and wouldn't turn off and I had to pull the fuse on them to get them to shut off but thats only happened once. The security guard at my school came and got me out of class the other day cuz it was in the parking lot playing very loudly. But it has to be put back in the shop again over the same 4 things that in two years that can't seem to fix so we'll see. I just know I'm sick of this damn car. 2 bad cars back to back makes for a very unhappy person.

99GApunk
02-16-2005, 06:55 PM
if you have any sort of remote starter or alarm system... have it uninstalled or uninstalled and reinstalled

JermsGAGT03
02-16-2005, 08:37 PM
I have no kind of aftermarket system or alarm system. I don't have a remote starter either. Everything inside the car is factor I've only fixed the outside up so far.Also I had seen where a few people was having a problem with the steering making a noise when ur sitting still and shacking the steering from right to left. It made like a clicking noise or something like that. I had the same problem and the dealership installed a new steering gear box or somethingl like that and it took care of that problem so if ur having same issue try that.

brsexton
02-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Does weather effect it at all? The reason I ask is because i work with a girl that HAD a 03 GT. Her fog lamps would turn on all of the time. She had it at the dealer several times with no fix. Then one day she noticed her front floor was full of water. Come to find out, her sunroof was leaking, and the water was running down the piller into the fuse box and the BCM. She was sick of it, so she traded. If you have a sunroof, that may be your problem.

JermsGAGT03
02-17-2005, 04:15 PM
I do have a sunroof but I've never noticed any water in the floor or anything like that. I'm thinking I'm just gonna go ahead and get a lawyer and file a lemon law case cuz I'm sick of dealing with it. I'll just let the radio play when it comes on at night and when I get sighted for playing loud music in our subdivision I'll just let GM pay it. I'm tired of it

brsexton
02-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Well She did not start seeing water until a year after she started having those strange problems. I think it was leaking from the factory, but just got worse over time. Sorry about the lemon. But I don't blame you at all. Next time you should consider getting a good foreign car. I have had too many problems with my alero also. But mine is not bad enough to be a lemon. I am just disgusted with the quality and reliabilty of it.

JermsGAGT03
02-18-2005, 12:30 AM
Oh man my alero was extremely bad. Whats sad is I put over $5,000.00 worth of mods on it the first week I got it and lost most of it when I had to turn it in. I really like this car a lot and if I could just get it fixed that would be fine but I refuse to keep paying that much a month on a defective car. My friend used to work at the dealership I take it to to have the work done and he said he knows of several grand am's that they had to put new ignition switch's in for similar problems so I'm gonna give my GM agent a call tomorrow and let her know the things I've found out and try one more time to see if they can fix it. I really hope they do I don't have time to sit in court all day.