2000 Grand AM GT....Adding Neon LED undercar kit...help! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Grand AM GT....Adding Neon LED undercar kit...help!

darkmuncan
02-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Hello all,
This weekend I will attempt to add a OPTX 7color LED undercar kit to my 2000 Grand AM GT. According to the instructions the control panel needs a ground, a 12v power, and a 12v ignition line. I think I can handle the mounting part of the lighting, but any suggestions as to which lines/fuse to pull power from? Also what's the easiest way to get this done? Sorry, the most I've ever added accessory wise is a radio/cd player. I appreciate any help you guys can provide. :)

badboy2451
02-10-2005, 11:34 PM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17957

try that...its all i can find now

darkmuncan
02-11-2005, 06:36 AM
Thanks, that's a great start!

darkmuncan
02-12-2005, 10:21 PM
I would like to say thanks to you for all your help. The kit went in without a hitch, under 4 hours. I found a 20 amp fuse to tap that was not in use (sunroof, as there is not a sunroof in my car) that only comes on when car is started. The kit worked nicely with this setup and I was able to get the whole job done in under 4 hours. Not to mention it looks really good, you can see the tubes at all and it makes for a nice glow, plus with this kit I can change the colors and it all looks nice. Perhaps I'll post some pics up for others to see.

eric99gt
02-13-2005, 06:41 AM
just be sure not to drill in to your gas tank :whistle:

darkmuncan
02-13-2005, 07:46 AM
LOL, no I had no problem with the mounting part of things, the Grand Ams seem to be rather easy to mount the light bars on, lots of options. The hardest part was putting the rear bar high enough out of the way of the dual exhaust.

Just curious, this isn't a tip from experience is it :doh:

eric99gt
02-13-2005, 02:16 PM
not from my experience...a certain other member on the board had done that.