Is this what i need? [Archive] - Forum


View Full Version : Is this what i need?

02-12-2005, 07:49 AM
IS this that door regulator that I will need to fix my 2000 2 door Grand Am? the window fell into the door and when i took the door apart there were plastic peices laying in the door. Ebay (

02-19-2005, 02:16 AM
Yeah, those pieces are the nylon pulleys that GM used to save money and they are crap. Those are the pieces that always break and, unfortunetly, you cannot replace just those. You will need to replace the entire regulator. Just don't get it at the dealer. You can find them a lot cheaper elsewhere. Ebay always has some on there. I got mine at They have a regulator/motor combo for 80 bucks. That's really good considering the dealer asks like 200 for just the motor.