TYC tail wiring [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : TYC tail wiring

1HOTGT
02-15-2005, 02:28 PM
i need some help. order a set of tyc tails. the driver's side went in fine. the passenger side bulbs have to go in the opposite holes because of the locking mechanisms. therefore it makes them the wrong signals for the lenses. i need to know how to wire them so they'll be right. i believe the brake bulb is now in the reverse light spot and vice versa. HELP!!!

RamAirGT22
02-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Huh, mine fit right in. I know the older styles of them had a problem with the harnesses and TYC will fix them.

AznGA
02-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Seems like they put driver side harness for pass side. Check the harness and see if they hold the bulbs tight. Older ones had issues with spitting out the bulbs during use. Ask TYC for new harness and they will give it to you for free.

1HOTGT
02-16-2005, 11:31 AM
well we tested each wire to find out what it was for last night. so we're just gonna rewire to the right bulbs. thanks for the help though. oh and i got the tails off of ebay. would TYC still give me the right harness??

RamAirGT22
02-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Yeah I think so. They had a recall on the harnesses I believe

dongalonga
02-19-2005, 10:33 AM
i am thinking about buying the black TYC tails from ebay. Do you know what I should ask the seller so I dont have this prob? BTW I will be selling my stock GT tails. They are listed in the For Sale section.

AznGA
02-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Contact TYC, they should be the one to replace harness.