How to change the LIM Gasket.?. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : How to change the LIM Gasket.?.

2003SCT
02-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Does anyone have a picture tutorial as to how to change the LIM Gasket? Or lifters?? I know I am gonna need to pick up a Chiltons guide but just checking to see if anyone has any good stuff here.

Also, my car with the 3.1 has about 130,000 miles. I have driven it while adding coolant for the last 45,000 miles!.......believe it or not. :) Reason being is that it's the "beater" and I have been trying to drive the 03' as little as possible. Do you guys think that with all of the driving and it now sitting for 3 months that if I replace the lifters and the gaskets and the oil......do you still think I may have issues (i.e the cam bearings) OR do you think I MAY be O.K.....?

Thanks in advance :)

CHRIS

iceman
02-17-2005, 02:04 PM
Search button broken?? could have sworn there is a how-to here

2003SCT
02-17-2005, 02:28 PM

I searched for 20 mins....only could find "how to diagnose" it......

CHRIS

iceman
02-17-2005, 02:54 PM
can't find it much either.. but part #s and stuff are here http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26994&highlight=lim+gasket+install
and how-to is basically spread over the other 2 or 3 threads about it..iirc. if you have any specific questions, shoot, I'll help where I can

Formula88
02-18-2005, 07:23 AM

Yeah, the search button is a great tool - for finding threads that tell you to use the search button. Finding the answer to a problem - not so much.

rocketfast123
02-18-2005, 08:36 AM
:lol:

iceman
02-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Yeah, the search button is a great tool - for finding threads that tell you to use the search button. Finding the answer to a problem - not so much.
:violin :violin :violin

Formula88
02-28-2005, 09:06 PM
:violin :violin :violin

See, that's why I love this place. Everyone is so helpful. :rolleyes:

99GApunk
02-28-2005, 09:17 PM
See, that's why I love this place. Everyone is so helpful. :rolleyes:

did you request help? iceman offered to personally assist the gentlemen with the LIM problem, and i for one think this sight is extremely helpful.

on an on topic note, if you search around you can find a shop to fix it for not an EXTREME amount, but still pricey... bout 500 bucks

JHawk GT
03-02-2005, 06:33 AM
I don't know if this is what you're wanting, 2003SCT, but a member (can't remember who it was) posted these (http://www.grandampc.com/leak/) pictures of his LIM gasket repair.

Formula88
05-10-2005, 08:12 PM
did you request help? iceman offered to personally assist the gentlemen with the LIM problem, and i for one think this sight is extremely helpful.

on an on topic note, if you search around you can find a shop to fix it for not an EXTREME amount, but still pricey... bout 500 bucks

Actually, I found this thread while searching for information on the LIM problem. Along with a lot of other threads telling people to use the search - hence my original post.

Thanks for the link to the pics, JHawk GT!! That's VERY helpful! :clap: