Transmission Rebuild/Replacement [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Rebuild/Replacement

EvilCacti
02-18-2005, 09:57 AM
Transmissions... Is there a more heavy duty transmission that could bolt into our cars? Whatever this thing is in mine was and is wussy. Much gearing slippage. If I go WOT at around 35 MPH...it'll just bounce off the rev limiter, completely slips. No grab at all. The cost of rebuilding one of these electronic transmissions isn't cheap like it would be for a turbohydramatic...

Also, when its cold. If I shift from park into drive, or reverse... there's a crunching noise up front. Also if I put it into park on a slant, it'll roll forward about half of a foot and make a very similiar crunching noise. The one I assumed was the parking brake getting wussy, ideas on the other?

EvilCacti
02-18-2005, 09:59 AM
Also, if you have any idea why it wouldn't grab at ALL, and would just bounce off the rev limiter, that'd be swell. I just assumed the clutch packs weren't handling it anymore after 100K. I don't have any radical modifications to this car... I've just done a K&N WAI, a resistor and a cheap catback exhaust. Nothing powerful enough to have hosed the transmission this early, unless these transmissions ARE just garbage on the 3.1 Liter's?

EvilCacti
02-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Bump.

carsarecool
02-21-2005, 06:18 PM
A resistor? You mean like for the IAT sensor?

uuuhhhh-ohhhhhhhhh.....

EvilCacti
02-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Yeah, the one everyone in this forum was saying was a good cheap modification to make.