Fuel Leak- 2001 [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Leak- 2001

Flop
02-20-2005, 12:08 PM
My girlfriends 2001 GT has been getting terrible fuel mileage. I popped the hood and noticed fuel leaking from a (valve?) just prior to where it connects to the engine. It appears the casing of this part is cracked after wiping the fuel away and observing it gather and start dripping again. The problem is I don't know what the name of this (valve) is? It appears that the fuel line connects to it and has what appears to be a vaccum(?) line on top of it. Does anyone know of a link to an exploded engine diagram or can possibly identify this part from my admittedly obscure description?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide.

CoopGT
02-20-2005, 02:14 PM
I don't have a manual , but my guess would be the fuel pressure regulator.

Ridenour
02-20-2005, 03:18 PM
Deffinately sounds like your fuel pressure regulator.

Flop
02-20-2005, 03:23 PM
I don't have a manual , but my guess would be the fuel pressure regulator.
That's what I was thinking it might be. It's tripped the SES and I'm assuming it's because of a fuel pressure drop caused by the leak?

Thanks for the help.

intence
02-21-2005, 04:29 PM
At least the engine monitoring system is doing it's job. Get the SES read (autozone will do it). I think the EVAP system SES is something like P0440, but for the FPR it might be a different code.

If I remember correctly the FPR runs about $70 for the part (according the GM, the high output version is different from the regular?!?) plus labor for the install.