Noob Question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question

White Alero STL
02-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Hi guys I own a n-bodied alero and I looked into N-body.net, Aleromod, and this site as well with no luck. What Im looking into is upgrading my brake pads. Not the caliper pads, but the pad that goes inside the drum of the rear disc. I knew TRW at Autozone makes them, but what I'm looking for is for high preformance and low life. And I already replaced the cable if someone wants to mention "just tight the cable". I have less than 1.8" on the driverside and less than 1/16" on the passagner side.

If anyone has a link or a company that is manufacturing them please let me know.

ArcticWhiteSE
02-23-2005, 11:03 PM
What Im looking into is upgrading my brake pads. Not the caliper pads, but the pad that goes inside the drum of the rear disc.

The pad that goes inside the DRUM of the rear DISC huh? :smack:

I'm gonna guess that you don't know what the hell you're talkin about. :whistle:

rizer
02-23-2005, 11:13 PM
hum?

White Alero STL
02-23-2005, 11:15 PM
In the rear disc brake you have your brake pad that goes with your caliper, take off your rotors and inside is your emgency brake pads, That what Im looking to upgrade. It the pads for your ebrakes.

P.s. I do know about my own car so please don't treat me like an idiot. Im asking a genuine question.

ArcticWhiteSE
02-23-2005, 11:46 PM
a drum brake is different from a disc brake....that's the only thing I'm pointing out.

Forgive me, It's late and that made me crack up for a while. :)

sc02grandam
02-23-2005, 11:57 PM
1. remove brake caliper
2. disconnect parking brake cable
3. unbolt the parking brake cable braket
4. remove rear hub and bearing assembly
5. remove parking brake actuator and parking brake shoe
6. installation is just the reverse of those steps

carsarecool
02-24-2005, 10:05 AM
He means the E-brake, i think is a little drum brake inside of the rear disc, thats why the back disc bulges out.

GrahamKracka
02-24-2005, 10:12 AM
my e-brake is ****ing broke...i think the linkage is broke..im too lazy to check for myself...