LIM or elsewhere [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : LIM or elsewhere

rckrzy1
02-25-2005, 07:22 PM
OK folks, I now own HP Tuner for the GA and silverado. So I was able to load up all the current and history for mis fires. GA has been intermittently throwing p0300 and the idle is a bit rough, found misfires only on #3.

Now for history, we found most all the LIM bolts loose as in allmost finger tight so LIM must have been replaced some time before also the gasket is a felpro. I cleaned all the injectors with a ultrasonic cleaner. We then tried a new coil pack,
that was no help. All the wires and new ac delco plugs installed. Also prior to
this we had a rich problem as LTFT went max negative as in -24 , but after tightening up LIM etc and reassembly we have swung lean, now pos +21 on
LTFT at idle.

We moved #3 injector to #1, After reassembly it was smooth as silk till it warmed up and then started mis firing #3 again and idle got rough again.

Does this sound like the LIM is shot and failing as it heats up ?

eric99gt
02-25-2005, 07:36 PM
sorry to hijack the thread. But besides the code reading how is it helping ya in the power areas???

rckrzy1
02-25-2005, 07:40 PM
sorry to hijack the thread. But besides the code reading how is it helping ya in the power areas???

Have not gotten to that point yet. And this scanner reads for more than a simple
code reader, this is tech2 level stuff.

intence
02-28-2005, 10:19 AM
This is going to sound crazy, but did you try swapping out wires as well? Are you still throwing P0300 or P0303?

rckrzy1
03-01-2005, 11:53 AM
This is going to sound crazy, but did you try swapping out wires as well? Are you still throwing P0300 or P0303?

Getting p0300 , never got the p0303, the only way I could tell what cyclinder
was with the hp tuner scanner and watching. It's not a hard failure, missing
intermittently, I don't know the why it's not throwing that specific code and
instead the generic 0300. Had same problem with other set of wires.