Change Oil Light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Change Oil Light

jblo80
02-26-2005, 10:54 AM
I just got an oil change 1000 miles ago but my change oil light just came on. Anybody know why? I checked my oil level and it's at the full mark. Should I change my oil again? Should I have my car looked at?

fraws
02-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Look at the service manuel and read how to reset the light. I believe its just a mile counter not a real working inidictor. Its what we call a stupid light for the elders to remember to get a F'in oil change. There also may be a reset button on the drivers side fuse box near the door hindge.. I hope this helps...

Braves299
02-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Its not just a mile counter. It measures the amount of dirt in your oil and comes on when it needs to be changed. It will not come on as long as your oil is clean, even way past 3000 miles. I would say reset the light, and see what happens. If it comes on again, then change your oil.

stanjk3
02-26-2005, 03:55 PM
My guess is you or the person who changed your oil forgot to reset the oil life meter.

White00GAGT
02-26-2005, 03:57 PM
if u turn your key to acc i think and press the gas pedal down a couple times to the floor it resets it too i think

Rba007
02-26-2005, 04:19 PM
youve got to turn the key to on, push the break pedal down, then fully depress the gas pedal 3 times. Its been covered a jillion times.

And yes, the change oil light is NOT a good measure of when oil actually needs to be changed.

AndyVTek
02-26-2005, 04:31 PM
youve got to turn the key to on, push the break pedal down, then fully depress the gas pedal 3 times. Its been covered a jillion times.

And yes, the change oil light is NOT a good measure of when oil actually needs to be changed.

No brake pedal for me... Just turn the key to ON and push gas down 5 times.

GAGTSCTGuy
02-26-2005, 10:54 PM
I found that if your parking brake is on, you will not hear the 3 beeps, atleast I didn't, took me a few times to realize that, haha