Need answers quick - Fuel pressure regulator [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need answers quick - Fuel pressure regulator

mightypan42
02-26-2005, 10:56 AM
My fuel pressure regulator (or one of the hoses going to it) has a leak. I have a 600-mile trip home tomorrow, and none of the dealership service depts are open today. What are the chances that I'll blow up the FPR on the way back? Should I try to limp home, or get another couple days at the hotel and take it to the dealership monday morning?

95-GT
02-26-2005, 12:33 PM
What is leaking? The vacuum hose, or the actual fuel hose?

Malaclypse
02-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Don't worry about it if the leak isn't external. If its just leaking into the vacuum line, drive it home.

If you see fuel dripping on anything like the exhaust manifolds or intakes don't drive it. That's a big fire hazard.

mightypan42
02-26-2005, 12:59 PM
I dunno what exactly is leaking. I didn't see any dripping, but the smell is kind of a burning off kind of smell. Dunno if that makes sense, but the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking that I need to wait here for monday.

edit: Gonna wait and take it in on monday. Good thing the company's paying for the hotel room :whistle:

mightypan42
03-17-2005, 10:23 PM
btw, it turns out that it was the fuel pressure regulator. When I went to get it fixed, the service rep said that the Bonnevilles have a recall on them, and the tow truck driver the next day (don't ask...) said that he had towed a burned-up GP that had had the same problem.