2001 Grand Am GT Coupe [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Grand Am GT Coupe

MonteGrandAmGir
02-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Hello.

I just recently purchased a 2001 Grand Am GT Coupe 2 weeks ago. I am hoping I made a good decision on purchasing this car. I've noticed a few little things I am trying to have the dealer fixed now. All in all glad to have found this forum. Anyways just saying hello and going to look around to see if any of my problems are common.

Problems:
Heater blower really loud and smells once it works for a few mins.
Shaking at different speeds, sometimes 90 sometimes 20.
Possible hole in the exhaust, sounds loud right under seats.

Sorry for the weird login name. Wouldn't let me add an L. If there is anyway to correct it or change it please let me know. Thanks for any tips/advice.

badboy2451
02-27-2005, 09:23 AM
*welcome* :jackson

edit: ask them if the car has had a lower intake manifold leak, and if it hasn't, try and get them to somehow cover it for you if/when it happens becuase it is a common problem with the 3.4 liter engines

bigbenSC
02-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Hello.
Problems:
Heater blower really loud and smells once it works for a few mins.
Shaking at different speeds, sometimes 90 sometimes 20.
Possible hole in the exhaust, sounds loud right under seats.

Welcome to the Grand AM world! Get an alignment/ wheels balanced for that shaking problem. Not much you can do about the smell short of ripping out all the ductwork and cleaning it. Have someone look at your exhaust system, the stock Grand AM exhaust will be louder than your Monte though, so it might not be a problem, just something you aren't used to.

MonteGrandAmGir
02-28-2005, 07:09 AM
thanks for all the advice i greatly appreciate it. a new blower motor is being put in the car on thursday and the dealer is up for looking at a few other things that i have complained about. hopefully i can get things done. i've heard about the manifold leaks but i did purchase the bumper to bumper extended warranty for 3 years. not sure if the manifold is covered. again thanks for all the advice and welcomes.