Again another tranny ?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Again another tranny ??

N2O-OLDS
03-03-2005, 08:15 PM
:) ok folks here is the situation. i blew another tranny so i am stepping up and going to the 65e. what i need help with is the mounts and postions the rest i can do. i already have a new tranny, well used one anyways, and a new subframe. i know there are grand ams that have done this swap . if anyone has or knows of pics that exsist that might be of some help please let me know pm me e-mail me i have been with out the car for a month trying to figure out what needs to be done and this is the only solution i can come up with. i know the tranny is stronger and can handle more. i have the rebuild kit on its way and the shift kit as well. programing is not a problem.
so again if i can get any help on this it is greatly appreciated

thanks
mike

iceman
03-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Well, this is all coming from memory, but the sc/t concept cars all had 65's in them, I think spoon said something about custom length axles, PCM programming (DHP can do this), and then you have to mount it... but the 65 bolts right up to the 3400, came with monte's, impala's, etc... for a few years. good luck. I think it may be more economical to just build up a 45, take a look at what Schweppe23 has done with rossler, maybe they can make you something within budget and requirements.

MetaGTP1
03-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Well, this is all coming from memory, but the sc/t concept cars all had 65's in them, I think spoon said something about custom length axles, PCM programming (DHP can do this), and then you have to mount it... but the 65 bolts right up to the 3400, came with monte's, impala's, etc... for a few years. good luck. I think it may be more economical to just build up a 45, take a look at what Schweppe23 has done with rossler, maybe they can make you something within budget and requirements.The Torque Converter from the 4T45E was used, because the TC from the 4T65HD would not fit.The tranny also required custom mounts. :)