Door Pins on a 99 GAGT [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Door Pins on a 99 GAGT

Clyde
03-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Stupid question time:

Where are the door pins for the front doors of a 99 GAGT 4-dr?

I *think* this may be the cause of my door locks problem.

Am i askin too much to see a pic as well???

AleroME
03-04-2005, 11:31 PM
the front door pins are built into the latch. It has a sensor in it.

the rear.. there is a little black pin that sticks out the door jam.

Clyde
03-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Is there a way for me to get to this sensor w/o rippin my door apart?

I had some body work done on my car and the had the ft doors apart and now my
power locks / int lights are wonky. Im thinkin the door pins arent set right and that causin my troubles

Panacea
03-05-2005, 03:40 AM
Clyde, this is the secnod or third technical post from you that is in this section. I'm not trying to be an ass, but please put posts in their relevant sections...

Clyde
03-05-2005, 07:39 AM
Fair enough ..

mods feel free to delete / move this post if you see fit.

but is this forum not for 'anything and everything' .. i dont really think this is a technical question.

Should the celb / car close ups be goin in the photochop section caure really he has changed the pic from the origional ... right??
Should we be telling people looking for song lyrics to be posting in the 'wanted' forums
(sorry bumpin im not tryin to take a shot at you)

AleroME
03-05-2005, 10:46 AM
if you take off your door panel and look the back to the latch. you should see 2 - 2 wire harnesses. The top one goes to the dome light/interior light. and the 2nd harness goes to the power lock. they might of unplug them and forgot to plug it back on. Or you need a new latch/lock <-- its all 1 piece unit.

Panacea
03-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Fair enough ..

mods feel free to delete / move this post if you see fit.

but is this forum not for 'anything and everything' .. i dont really think this is a technical question.

Should the celb / car close ups be goin in the photochop section caure really he has changed the pic from the origional ... right??
Should we be telling people looking for song lyrics to be posting in the 'wanted' forums
(sorry bumpin im not tryin to take a shot at you)

AAG section if for anything else that does not belong in any of the other sections.

The celebrity closeups are trivia questions. Hence why they're in the trivia section. The wanted section is for people wanting to buy stuff.
Technical questions like the one in this post go in the Technical forum.

Clyde
03-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Im gonna heed yer tag line there and let the mods take it from here.

could one of you Mods please delete this entire thread please??
Im not here to cause troubles thats the last thing i wanna do ... id hate to pick up a few warning points cause soem guy doesnt like where i posted this.

Panacea
03-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Don't worry, you won't pick up any points, and they mods can easily move the thread. Just for future reference, try to post in the correct section. :thumbs: