Transmission question.....please help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Transmission question.....please help

Grand Chileno
03-05-2005, 08:37 PM
What’s up fellas, I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice.
I've got a 2000 Grand Am GT with 60k few months ago I had the oil change on the transmission like the schedule maintenance said if the car was driven under some conditions witch they list, well anyways I thought I should change it. the things is that now the transmission is bucking when going on a hill and it goes to overdrive, very slightly but I can still feel it. I took it to a transmission place but they told me that the trany is not given any codes they had the car for a whole day and they couldn't find anything wrong with it they told me to keep an eye on it if it gets worst to take back. I'm going nuts here I'm afraid that it might be something big; I work my ass off to buy this car. Please what should I do??

LOVE THE LOOK OF HIGH $ IMPORT BOYS LOOSING!

Mike Jung
03-05-2005, 11:23 PM
To lock-out overdrive (like when climbing a hill):
Put the gear selector in 3; not in D.

Maybe your car is slightly mis-firing or knocking ?
Try next higher octane grade.
Maybe (?) needs replacement of: fuel filter & fuel injectors flushed, spark plugs & spark plug wires, or coils.

99GAman
03-09-2005, 02:00 PM
listen carefully when you are going up a hill or something and it starts to buck like that. If you hear a pinging noise or anything like that, then you might have a "spark miss". I have seen that on quite a few cars that come into the tranny shop. So i would check plugs and wires.

H.O. Driver
03-09-2005, 02:04 PM
You put synthetic fluid the trans? Does it do it under hard acceleration or just going up hills?

Grand Chileno
03-16-2005, 09:41 PM
I don't know if they put synthetic fluid or not, maybe I should know that! And it's always going up a hill it's very slightly but I can still feel it, I will most definite check plugs and wires........thanks