Fuel Leak / Transmission Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Leak / Transmission Problem

gtramair99
03-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Ok...I have a few serious issues here. I drive a 1999 GAGT with about 82k miles. About a week ago I went out to my car, started it and noticed the car was shakin real bad and the SES light came on so I immediately turned it off and opened up the hood. When I opened up the hood I smelled gas and noticed that it was coming from the fuel rail next to the 6th fuel injector. So I had the car towed to a shop, told them the problem, and had the car repaired. They said it was the 6th fuel injector that was needed to be replaced. So I'm driving the car home right after I get it from the shop driving about 50-60 mph and noticed the car keeps jumpin from 3rd to 4th and it never used to do that before. I found it really weird that all the sudden my transmission is acting up especially after it just got out of a shop from being fixed. So right now I'm stumped. I'm not sure if it's something that could of happened when the fuel injector was replaced or if it's just akward timing and if this is a sign of the transmission is going out or if it's something completely different. Any suggestions would be helpful!