DTC P0335 & P0336 Crank Sensor due to Oil Pan Gasket R&R! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DTC P0335 & P0336 Crank Sensor due to Oil Pan Gasket R&R!

FORTEEN3GT
03-11-2005, 05:37 PM
I had the transmission shop (the same one that repaired my transmission a long while back) repair a oil pan gasket. (which was the reason i kept having to top off my oil.....it only leaked when the engine was hot and not when sitting in the driveway....until recently).

Well..... I drive away with the car and it throws 2 codes..... P0335 and P0336! What is envolved in a Oil Pan Gasket repair and replacement other than removing the subframe, releasing the tension off the belts and all that plastic radiator deflector stuff?? how come I now have these codes... and where are the 2 Crank Position Sensor's located? I heard one was on the side of the block?? Pics would be nice!!!

Thanks for your help guys!
Mike

Malaclypse
03-11-2005, 11:21 PM
The crank sensor that's on the back of the block is right above the top of the oil pan. The harness hangs down a bit.

Its very possible that the harness got pinched when they reinstalled the oil pan. I've seen it happen before. I'd crawl under the car and check the backside of the block. Loock straight up in the middle and see if there's either a yellow or purple wire pinched inbetween the oil pan and block.

FORTEEN3GT
03-12-2005, 08:43 AM
thanks!